Thursday, August 23, 2012

Generation 1 Chapter 3- Carry On




“Laura, get your butt out of bed!”

“Sooooooooppphhhhhiiiiieeeee… Stop yelling at me,” I mumbled as I turned away from her.

“I’m not… Sheesh, how hung-over are you, woman?”

I glared at her. “You don’t even know.”

The fierce pounding in my head was evidence of how stupid I was last night. I barely even remember what got me so upset that I felt like I had to drink so much. “Oh… I have an idea… You see, I hope you don’t mind, but I kind of stayed here last night because a certain someone was blowing chunks and I held your hair back.”

I sat up slowly and dared to look at her. “I appreciate that. Thank you so much. I would offer to cook breakfast, but I’m too disoriented to even crack an egg right now, so can we break out the cereal?”

“Honey, I wouldn’t expect anything more right now to be completely honest.”

“I have a quick question though…”

“What?”

“How did I get into my pajamas last night?”

She let out a small laugh and shook her head. “You refused to go to sleep in ‘clothes that were tainted by douche bag.’”

“But Blake didn’t even touch me yesterday.”

“Hm, that’s odd, but whatever. And I’m pretty sure that I didn’t allow you to get slutty drunk last night, so nothing happened at the bar.”

“Well that’s a relief. Thanks for that.”

“I did let you dance on the counter though… Don’t worry; I got you down before you started stripping.”

“You’re a good friend, Sophie? I feel like I never tell you that, but it’s the truth.”

“Aw shucks, you’re a good friend too, my little hooker,” She said as she flopped on the bed and gave me a noogie.

“Thanks for that… Like my hair didn’t look terrible already. Now it’s even more messed up.”


“You’re welcome; now let’s go shove cereal into our faces. And while you were snoozing I looked up Mike’s concert stuff. He’s performing tonight at some place that I forgot the name of.”

“Well that’s helpful… What time?” I asked as I got out of my plush bed.

 “Eight o’ clock, but I heard he’s rehearsing before hand so we can bribe him before—“

I cut her off. “Sophie, it’s more likely a closed practice. We would be better off sneaking over to his… Whatever he’s staying at while he’s here.”

“He’ll be at the Bridgeport Inn from noon to five.”

“What the hell, Sophie? Did you look up his entire itinerary?”

“You’d be surprised on what you can find on the internet,” She said with a small nod.

“You’re unbelievable… What time is it now?”

“Eleven thirty.”

“You let me sleep until eleven thirty?”

“Well you weren’t getting up at anytime before eleven thirty, so yes, I did in fact let you sleep until almost noon. And after we’re done eating we shall get dressed and ready to stalk your ex.”

“You have clothes?”

“Yeah, I made a small stop at my house before we came over here. Now stop asking questions and eat, you mad woman.”

We were done with breakfast in about fifteen minutes and headed upstairs to get ready to go. Sophie made me wear something that showed off my butt for Mike. (As much as I said no, she insisted.) Then we had Sophie in her typical Sophie-esque clothing. You know, red, typically a dress or skirt; same old business there.

“Alright Laura,” Sophie said as she grabbed my shoulders. “When we get there we will meet up with that gay guy I liked and his boyfriend. From there the three of us will create a diversion while you get in the room. Got it?”

“Okay, yeah, but how am I supposed to get in?”

“Some dude who will probably never get a chick was working at the front desk. I told him if he gave me a key to Mike’s room that I would… Well, actually, you don’t need to know the details. The point is that I love you and I got you this key so that you could race to your true love, so here,” She said as she rustled in her pocket, pulled out the small, plastic card, and gave it to me.

“Oh my god… You would do that,” I muttered as I stared down at it.

“All in a day’s work,” She said as we walked down the street to the Bridgeport Inn. My apartment was fairly close to the hotel itself, so we decided not to spend money on a cab and just walk.


We were at the actual hotel in a few minutes and stood outside to wait for the guys to come. They were there a couple of minutes later and my jaw dropped as soon as I saw one of them. “Brendan? Is that you?”

“Why yes it is,” He said perkily. “I was hoping you were the friend Sophie needed to get to Mike. Then again, I wouldn’t know who else it would be.”

I laughed and hugged him. “I haven’t seen you since I ended my baby challenge. How are you?”

“I’m great! This here,” He said putting his hand on his boyfriend’s back. “Is my significant other, Anthony. How have you been?”

“Hey there Anthony,” I said. “I’ve been alright. What’s our plan of attack?”

“Anthony is going to pretend to pass out, we’ll call for help and meanwhile, you’ll pop out from the other corner and get in while the bodyguard is distracted,” Sophie said.

“Sounds good, but should I call or something when I’m in?” I asked.

“Yes, I will put my phone on vibrate and when I feel it I’ll nudge Anthony and he’ll be miraculously better,” Brendan said.

“Fabulous, so shall we head in there?”

“We shall,” Sophie said as she looped her arm through mine.


We went inside and headed up the stairs. I made my way past the scary looking body guard and around the corner. He glared at me as I walked past and it was a bit creepy. Just as I turned the corner I heard Sophie yelling. “Somebody help! My friend just fainted and I don’t know what to do.”

I hesitantly peeked around my corner and watched as the body guard hesitantly left his post. Dang, that was surprisingly easy… Once I heard him questioning Sophie and Brendan I ran to the door and slipped the piece of plastic in only to sneak through the door.



Mike was wearing only his underwear and searching through the dresser that was in the room for something. I didn’t know if I should say hi, or wait for him to notice me.

To be completely honest, I had put very little thought into the whole thing. I had no clue what to do or say when I even got in the room, I only knew how I was getting in.

Luckily the door shut with an audible click which made him jump and turn around. “Calm your mini man titties, it’s only me. I’ve seen you in far less.”

He let out a sigh of relief. “Good to know, but just wondering, how did you even get past Sergio?”

“Oh, that’s his name?” I asked. “Well, anywhozers, it’s a long story that I would be willing to tell after I call some friends to let them know that I’m in.”

“Fine by me,” He laughed. “I’ll be changing in the meantime. Make yourself cozy.”

“Will do.” I whipped my phone out and sat on the bed, scrolling through my contacts to find Brendan. Since his name started with a B, it didn’t take long and I let the ringing come to a complete stop before I hung up to be safe.

Mike was out a bit later and sat cross legged across from me on the floor. “So, I’m anxious to hear that story about how you got in.

I giggled and shook my head. “Well, I walked past Sergio and around the corner and then some friends distracted Sergio so I could get in here.”

“How did you get the key?”

I widened my eyes. “You know that one nerdy guy at the front desk?”

“Yeah…” He muttered while eying me warily.

“My friend, Sophie uh… You honestly don’t even want to know.”

 “Wow… That’s a good friend you have there. Why exactly did you decide to come here though?”

“I uh… Need to tell you something…” I mumbled softly.

“What is it? Don’t be nervous, you can tell me anything.”


“I…” This is the moment I had anticipated for the longest time. I played through situations in my head multiple times before I even knew Mike was here and they were perfect, but now that it was time to actually say the words that had been on my mind for years, I couldn’t do it.

He stood up and walked towards me, taking my hands in his and kneeling down in front of me. “It’s okay, lo—,“ He stopped suddenly. “Laura… My opinion of you won’t change no matter what you say.”

I took a deep breath. It was now or never. “Mike, I was an idiot. I shouldn’t have flipped out like that because I was jealous of Nellie. None of that even matters, nor does it make sense to me now,” I paused and took another deep breath only to get a reassuring squeeze on one of my hands from Mike. “I love you. I need you in my life some how. I don’t care if you don’t feel the same way. Hell, I’d understand if you didn’t. Just please, if you don’t feel the same way at least say that we can stay friends because these two years haven’t been the same without you there.”

He guided our hands up to my face and gently wiped the tears that I didn’t even know were falling. Wordlessly, he let go of my hands and cupped my face with his. I gently got off of the bed so that he wasn’t reaching so far. He rested his forehead against mine and closed his eyes. “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to hear those words come out of your mouth again. I love you too,” He said, his lips gently brushing against mine.

***

“Laaaaaauuuuuurrrraaaa,” My friend muttered in my ear. “Wake up! You have a hot date today.”

I rubbed my eyes and blinked rapidly. “With Mike?”

She looked at me in confusion. “No dear, with Blake. Remember, you scheduled this a few days ago. Sheesh… Having some odd dreams there?”

I groaned. “Yes. Unless I scheduled a second date…”

“Nope,” She chirped excitedly. “Any date you went on was in a dream.”

I sighed and rolled out of bed, eying the computer. Sophie followed my gaze briefly and raised an eyebrow. “Is there any particular reason why you’re gazing at your computer?

“I need to check something really quick,” I muttered as I stumbled tiredly to my computer.

Sophie stared at me in concern. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah. Fine.” After waiting for my terribly slow computer to boot up, I went to Google and typed in Michael Blake Performances. I had a small glimmer of hope that Mike could really be in Bridgeport right now. Maybe I heard something prior to the dream and subconsciously remembered it. Sure, it was a long shot, but it’s worth a try.

Without paying much attention to them, I clicked on one of the options. Whatever I clicked wasn’t of concert dates, but rather an article from a couple of days ago with the title, “Michael Blake Seen with New Girl.”

I know that I should’ve just gone back to find what I was actually looking for, but I couldn’t help but read the article.





The new chick’s name was Allison Hills. She had short, choppy, teal hair that went a little past her chin and was apparently a famous actress who had won a few awards. In the few pictures that had been posted, they were doing the typical happy celebrity actions such as holding hands and acting derpy.

I quickly closed the window and spun around. Mike had obviously moved on, so I should move on too. I would go on this date today and have fun and everything would be alright.

Everything would be just fine.
Really…


____________________

Thanks for read everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)

Sorry all of my posts have been so short lately. I'm just trying to post what I can with AP classes and Drama Club and chores. Blech... There's just so much stuff to do! But I am working on posts in school. (During algebra specifically. ;D) That's how I got this one done. 

6 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOO!
    That was so cruel of you! I want Laura and Mike! ;~;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrr.... I knew you had something up your sleeve... and it still caught me by surprise... >.<

    WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! :'O I want them TO-GE-THER.

    NOW.

    One last thing, I liked the way you wrote this entire thing. With the Mike scene and the article. Gosh, it was awesome!

    Lol, Sophie makes great distractions. :P

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am slightly predictable like that. :D

      I'm sorry! Perhaps in the future.

      Aw shucks, thanks. I tried my best.

      Yes she does. It's in her nature. ;)

      Delete
  3. Awwww...poor Laura...hopefully she'll eventually get her man! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah... Poor thing can't catch a break.

      Thank you. :D

      Delete