Sunday, August 5, 2012

Generation 1 Chapter 1- Life is short... Let's party!


It’s been three years since I last had a kid; since I ended my challenge.

Life is different to say the least. After ending my one hundred baby challenge, both of my parents were remarried, but I haven’t talked to them for at least two years. I stayed in Sunset Valley the first year with thoughts of possibly moving to Starlight Shores to live with Mike. Things changed when I broke up with him one night. Nellie kept rubbing me the wrong way and at that point I was ready to move on and be done with the whole thing. I didn’t need to deal with her and all of her antics.

That’s how I ended up here in Bridgeport of all places. I’m able to live comfortably due to my savings, but I’m making a living by painting. It was a bit of a lonely life, but I have Tariq and Glowy with me still (After growing up, Wendy decided to take Mocha) and I was able to meet some new friends.

Somebody stepped out of the back door and I glanced back to see my good friend, Sophie. We had met the day that I moved here and we've been friends ever since. "You might want to leave your doors locked... Some creep could come in."

"Mmm... Too late," I muttered.



 "Oh yeah, you got that right, chica," She said while checking me out. "Now let's head up to that bedroom of yours. Eh, eh?"

I laughed and set down my painting stuff. "Eh... No thanks. I'm not exactly in to that type of thing."

"Damn, well, okay then. Your loss."

 I walked over and hugged her. "You're insane, you know that right?"

"Yes I do, and I forgot my dress for tonight. Can I borrow one?"

"Of course. We're pretty much the same size anyways, so knock yourself out."

She let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness. I was afraid that I was going to have to go to the club in the nude.

Sophie and I went clubbing at least once a week. We figured that if the clubs were there we may as well go to them. Added to that, life in Bridgeport got boring every now and again. Going out just spices things up a bit.

 Sophie dragged me up the stairs to my room and opened up my dresser. As usual, dresses were flying around the room. "You're so messy," I sighed. "You better clean this all up.

"Oh, you shush. If it weren't for me you would go clubbing in a moo-moo or something."

According to Sophie, I always covered up too much when we went out. I never thought it was an issue, but apparently it was.

I crossed my arms. "I would not! I don't even own a moo-moo."

"You will some day," She muttered.

"Will not!"

"Oh you so will, now go be a doll and put this dress on. Take your hair out of the fish tail while you're at it."

"Oh my gosh... so bossy. Remind me why I hang out with you again? "

"Because you love me, now do what I say."

I stuck my tongue out at her and did as I was told. One thing about Sophie was that she didn't mess around. When she told you to do something you did it.

I learned this the hard way the first time it happened. She threatened to chain me to a chair and do everything herself. Of course I agreed. I'm dumb, but I'm not stupid.

 After a half an hour of getting ready, we made our way to The Grind and started to dance, seeing as how they had no bartender on duty. "How am I supposed to party when I can't get my drink on?!?" Sophie asked.

I laughed. "I think you'll survive."

"I don't know," She muttered as she started dancing. "It may be a bit difficult."

"Oh, deal with it, ho."

She laughed and winked. "You know it. Oh, and by the way, hottie at five o' clock. I think he's eyeing you, so I'll be going."

I rolled my eyes at her as she walked away. She was insistent on me finding a boyfriend when I really didn't want one. I'm perfectly fine with being single, thank you very much.


 About five seconds later, a man with light green hair came up and introduced himself as Blake. Blake Valentine. I resisted the urge to laugh at his last name and sat with him on the couch hesitantly. We talked about pretty much anything that popped into our heads until he suddenly got up. "I actually have to get home soon, if you want you can come along." He winked at me as I also got up.

"Nope, not interested in a one night stand. Sorry, but I'm not that type of girl."

"Hmm, then how about you give me your number and I'll call you?"

I thought about it for a second, "Hmm... No, but why don't you give me your  number and if I feel like calling I will."

"Hmm, playing hard to get, are we now? Fair enough. Here," He said as he pulled out a sheet of paper with his number already on it and gave it to me. Without another word he walked away.

"Comes to the club with his phone number already written down... Sounds like a douche," I muttered as I stared at it.

 Soon enough I noticed that the bartender was there and ended up buying a few drinks.

Okay, a lot of drinks, but honestly it seemed like it was worth it at the time.

 I'm sad to say that the killer hangover I had the next day was definitely not worth it. On the plus side, I at least remembered what happened last night. And I never ended up being glued to the porcelain throne, so at least I wasn't completely hammered.

Having a cup of coffee definitely helped to distract me from my headache as I contemplated what to have for lunch since it was a bit too late for breakfast.

 A peanut butter and jelly sandwich seemed like the perfect option. I found that on mornings like this, I really didn't want to try to figure out how to make something like Mac'n Cheese.

Too. Much. Thinking.

Good lord, I need to stop partying.


 After getting over last night's consequences, I went out to run a few errands. I was running low on groceries and I needed to get a few more cook books.

 After returning home and putting  away the groceries, I called Sophie and invited her over for dinner. She was quick to agree seeing as how she couldn't cook to save her life. It's truly amazing that she's so thin considering all the food that she has to order or pick up. I've tried to teach her how to cook, but she just can't seem to do it.

 When I was done cooking the salmon I was planning on serving, Sophie walked through the door. "I swear that public transportation will be the death of me," She muttered. "'Oh yeah! I'll drive to to the subway station and then you can get another taxi,' give me a break. I don't have money for a subway ride and two taxis."

"Oh, the life of a writer. How do you live?" I mocked her.

"Hey now, I'm trying to get a book published, but nobody's biting. Stupid bitches don't know what good writing is."

I glanced at her. "I know a good publisher. I actually got a couple of mine published years ago. Want me to get you his number later?"

"That would be greatly appreciated, thank you."

"No problem."

 We sat down and started eating the salmon. "How are you so good at cooking?" Sophie asked between bites.

I shrugged. "It comes with practice."

"I need to get practicing," She muttered.

"That's the spirit!"

The rest of the dinner was silent except for a few words every now and then about random things like tomatoes and jet skis. Yes, we're rather interesting people.

Once we were finished we ended up on my couch. "So," Sophie said as she nudged me. "How did things go with Mr. Hottie last night?"

I shrugged. "He was alright... His name is Blake, by the way. He's into a few of the same things that I am and he gave me his number, but I highly doubt I'll call him."

"Why?" She asked in shock. "He gave you his number and not the other way around. He sounds nice!"

"Yes, after he asked me to sleep with him and give him my number. By the way, he was probably anticipating getting a girl last night because he already had his number written down."

"No guy is perfect, he probably just wasn't thinking clearly."

Mike was, I thought to myself. Gah! No, no thinking of Mike. I haven't seen him in years.

"I think you should call him," She said as she crossed her arms. "Give him a try, at least."

"Alright, fine. But if this goes horribly wrong I blame you."

"Fair enough."


--

Thanks for reading everybody! I sincerely hope you enjoyed it. What do you all think of Blake? And Sophie?

It's odd writing a legacy about little Miss. Laura, but I think I'm enjoying it so far, so I'd love to see what you all think. :)

Bye for now, everybody! 

4 comments:

  1. But, but, I love Mike! I can't believe Laura left him :(

    I like Sophie ^_^ She seems like a nice friend to Laura.

    Blake seems pretty cool too. But I still like Mike ^_^

    Great post. Can't wait for more :D

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, don't worry, you might see a little of Mike later on. :3

      I'm glad that you like her!

      Pssstttt.... I prefer Mike too. ;)

      Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you listened to yourself and started a legacy. To tell you the truth I was a bit sad that Laura's BC stopped but I'm liking this legacy just as much.

    Haha, I find it funny that Laura met a guy named Blake because that was Mike's last name. Could that be a coincidence? :P

    Sophie seems like the perfect gal for Laura, funny and much more carefree. Laura needs more crazy in her life.

    Can't wait for the next chapter! Keep on writing these amazing stories! Just an fyi, I hope Mike comes into the picture. I miss him already. >.<

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, sorry you're upset about the BC ending, but I'm glad you liked this. :)

      Oh my gosh. How did I not notice that? xD Nope, I was just not thinking.

      Ah yes, I'm liking Sophie so far. She'll definitely be showing up a lot. (As well as some challenge momma friends eventually.)

      G'aw, I'm glad you're enjoying them. As long as people keep reading, then I'll continue. :)

      And Mike... We'll see how things turn out with my baby soon enough, no worries.

      Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete